Sunday, September 18, 2011

Party Like a Barcelonian

You will have to forgive me if this blog post is not long, and especially if it is not entirely coherant. I am really, really tired right now.

As I mentioned last night, I was headed out last night in my new pleather pants. I went to meet David and his work friends at one of the many metro stations in the city at 10:15 pm. Once we all met up, we went to one of his co-worker's houses for some food and drinks. All of the food was home-made and really quite delicious. I think I need to learn how to make tortillas de patatas. It could be my new food obsession.

Throughout the whole evening, I kept thinking how handy it would be to have subtitles on the conversations going on around me. For the most part, I just listened to everyone talking. Once in a while I would get into a conversation a bit, but I couldn't really understand everything, so for the most part, I was just trying to catch the jist of things. It was good though. I need to be around people who can try to speak Spanish with me (my roommates always want to be practicing their English, and they know I don't speak alot of Spanish, so its just easier to converse in English. I want to know Spanish though!!) I've been watching movies when I can in Spanish with the subtitles. It helps a bit I guess.

After eating all the food and drinking (I didn't really have a whole lot because I already felt dehydrated) we all started to leave the apartment. I should explain that this was around 2am. We got on the metro to go to a bar (which David had to convince me to come out to because I was so tired from drinking and just sitting around that I wasn't sure if I wanted to go out, but he basically begged me to and then told me I was coming. lol He knows me already). We finally got to the bar after walking for what seemed like forever, around 2:35am. In we went and the music was crazy loud. Dynomite was playing when we went up to the bar, and I pretty much went crazy. I realized the other day that I haven't really been listening to any music. I usually have music on all the time, but for whatever reason, I never have music on around here. I thought of all my friends I've been dancing with and really started to miss going dancing at a club in Toronto or Kitchener, with people who know me and know my crazy dancing styles. It was a really good night anyway though. We had a really good time. I only had one drink at the bar and a few sips of David's drinks. Here, they pour the alcohol and give you a single-sized bottle of your mix and you pour it in yourself. You can't fit the whole bottle in the glass, so there's always some left over. David and Jonathan would give me the leftovers and I'd just drink those. It worked out well. There were probably 500 people in the bar we were in, and everyone was sweating from dancing. If it hadn't been for the fact that I think I ate my weight in tortillas de patatas before the bar, I think I would have lost 10lbs. Oh well, I guess between dancing, walking and all the stairs I've been climbing, I'll balance out the food I eat!!

Other fav songs right now would come on (ie Give Me Everything) and all of the Spanish people would only be singing the choruses and the "ooooooo" parts, but I was singing away to ALL of them (then a Spanish song would come on and it would be the opposite!) We finally left the bar around 4:30, got cabs and got home around 5am. What a crazy night in Barcelona! Like I said yesterday about the heartbeat in BCN, it beats like the hearts of a crowd of dancing people all night long!

This morning I woke up at nine. Nope. And again at 10... fine. I got up, even though I didn't really want to, and got ready to go to my friend's house to study for the afternoon. We studied the Present Continuous and the Present Perfect. We ate chips and pizza. Classic.

Now it's time for bed. I'm not sure if I'll get photos of last night, and I didn't have my camera (and since nothing fun happened today, I didn't take pictures) so I'm sorry for the lack of photos today.

Grammar is still confusing to me, but I'm getting it.

Chau amigos!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Beth
    Keep practicing your spanish. Drink more water than pop and keep dancing. Good luck tomorrow.
    Can't wait to hear about your day tomorrow.
    Early to bed.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete