Tuesday, September 13, 2011

First Day of School!

Today was my first day of school! It was alot of fun actually; get-to-know-you games and things like that, an observation class and time to meet and hang out with the other 20 people who are part of our class (there are 40 of us, so we've been split into two groups). We had tapas after school with everyone, which was really fun. Tapas is like sampling sized portions that are placed on a table and everyone picks from it and samples. Really good!! They love their potatoes here, so I love the food!!

After that, a whole bunch of us decided to venture to a bar that is actually in my neighbourhood near Sagrada Familia, which I've seen, but I have no idea where it is. It took us about 40 minutes to find the metro because no one was paying any attention. When we finally got to the area we wanted to be in, no one knew where the place was, so we found another little place with some tables outside. It was 2 euros for a beer on tap (which is about a half pint- which still equals only about $6 for a full pint).

It's been a long, hot busy day and I have to get up in 7 hours, so instead of posting pictures, I am going to bed. Hopefully my neighbour won't hack and spit all night long tonight (seriously, todos las nochas!! ugh!)

Oh yes, and I was approached twice today on the street, by men wanting who knows what because they are speaking quickly in Catalan (a mix of french and spanish). My classmates have vowed to protect me :)

Voy a la playa manana. (I am going to the beach tomorrow)

Bon Noche.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Beth
    Be sure to find some sea shells for me - you know how much I love them. Glad school went well.
    Love you
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you some shells, but they're small. I'm not sure how to send them... but I did also find a stirling silver ring (I think its a men's ring, but I like it) :) Lucky me!

    Love you too!

    ReplyDelete