Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I Got Schooled...

Okay, really, that is terrible English that I will never teach to another person, but it fits for today because: we learned Catalan today! For anyone who doesn't know what Catalan is, it is the language spoken in Catalonia (which is the province in which Barcelona is in, in Spain). Catalan is sortof a mix between French and Spanish, spoken very quickly and of course, they have their own slang! We started with basics today: numbers and items you find in a grocery store. These are both very useful things to learn in Catalonia, as we shop almost everyday for something to eat!

Unfortunately, I need to charge my camera battery before I can send pictures of the beach today (it was really, really lovely, though the water was freezing!!)

Here are some more pics from the other day at Parc Guell:

At Parc Guell, everything is coloured broken pottery all put together to make beautiful designs.

This is my lovely host, David, who kindly took me on this uphill trek (he had never been before either!)

Posing with a tree.. because why wouldn't I??

This was another building designed by Gaudi- it is now a museum in the Parc.

This is a photo of what we climbed to....

Going up (from the top of these stairs, looking down)

Me with some randoms in the background...

Partway up, Photo-op! This is David's friend who came along to show us the way!

Still going up... (in the background you can see Sagrada Familia sticking up on the left)

Finally!!!

The area to the right of the top of the building is where I took the first picture of the cross in the above picture. The area below is higher than we started... it was a LONG way up!

The elevator in my building- 2'x4' and maximum 4 people. It's tiny!

Rustic.. I like it :)



Well, I'm off to bed now... it was another long, hot day, slaving away trying not to get burnt at the beach. Manana I'm in for some serious school hours though. Bon noches, mi amigos! 

1 comment:

  1. Great to see more pictures and glad you found me some shells. How did you fit your luggage into that elevator? Off to Rona this morning for breakfast with Kathy. I won't be taking photos like you or writing a blog.
    Have fun in school today and play nice
    Love you

    ReplyDelete