Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sangria Send-Off and The 'Care Package'

Today was my last official day at my firm. It was bittersweet. I'm so excited to be moving on to Barcelona and taking a chance to do something that most people would shy away from and think "I could never do that!", but at the same time, I feel like I've made so many friends at work that leaving them is a really hard thing to do. I didn't even get to say goodbye to everyone, so I hope my blog address gets around and that people will comment and contact me!

I did have a bit of a going-away/ send-off at which I was able to sit and enjoy some drinks with anyone who wanted to come and say goodbye. It was lovely. The evening will hold a very special place in my heart and mind.

Some of the girls I worked closely with in my last position at the firm gave me a "care package". The first thing I pulled out of the bag was an economy-sized package of gum with a note on it: "For when you find a man hot enough to kiss". Well, I knew where this gift was going right away!! Other items it included were chapstick, a Spanish-English phrase book (with a page marker on the page with alcoholic beverages), a triple-power push pop, Dictionaries, a journal (for any adventures which are not PG enough to put on this blog), batteries, a practical guide to Spain and other items for "experiencing Spanish Hospitality". I love, love, LOVE it!

I was also encouraged by a friend of mine that I have all the right ASSets that Spanish men like. :) I can't deny that I have certain assets, and I certainly think that my very blonde hair will help me stand out in the crowd! Barcelona Men: get ready!

Thank you everyone for you words of encouragement and luck! Thank you for the gifts you've given me, and the promises made to keep in touch. I so very much look forward to hearing from all of you and maybe even having you come to visit me in Barcelona!

The other part of this evening will entail tidying up my apartment so that packing and cleaning will be a breeze tomorrow, and having my last roommate night with the lovely Dixie. I will so very much miss you my darling! And when I find out what fashion is like in Spain, I will be sure to tell you all about it!

Te quiero, mis amigos y amigas en el CB! Keep in touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment