Saturday, August 27, 2011

My First Official "Goodbye"

We both cried.

I have been trying to deny myself thinking about how much I am going to miss everyone I know. I will literally know two people in all of Europe when I arrive in Spain. One of them lives in France and the other in London.

When I moved to Toronto, I only had 3 friends here, but that was different. I had friends and family to visit only a bus or train ride away.

Le sigh.

Goodbyes are too hard, and way too permanent. So to all of my friends, family, loved ones, roommates, acquaintences, drinking buddies, adopted siblings, adopted parents, collegues, ex's (the good ones), building managers, gym buddies, bankers, travel agents, dry cleaners and anyone else I might be missing:

¡Hasta Luego! I will look forward to seeing you again someday! Please keep in touch and let me know if you're coming to Europe. I'll post if/when I come back to Ontario.

2 comments:

  1. Beth, you are going to do amazing things in Barcelona. It was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to hearing about all your adventures in Barcelona! I'm so happy that you are able to achieve this dream! -Kevin (RBC).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth
    It is not goodbye - only see you later or in awhile.
    You will be home - in your opinion too soon and in our opinion not soon enough
    Have fun in Barcelona and can't wait to hear about your trip and the things GOD has planned for you
    love you
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete