Monday, September 15, 2014

I've been here for just less than 24 hours and I know if I don't post soon certain people (*cough* my mother *cough*) are going to start making comments..

First off, my flight was fine. I'm pretty certain that the woman next to me from Zaragosa was pregnant, but when I asked her, she didn't seem to understand (and I didn't want to press the issue, in case she wasn't). She and her husband slept most of the flight, which was perfect because I tried to sleep for most of the flight. I'm one of the few lucky people that, given the right seat on the plane, can curl up and have a snooze without being completely uncomfortable. The free wine during flight didn't hurt either, but they really could stand to give you more than 3 ounces of it!

Somehow, magically, my ears managed to pop much earlier than they ever had before making the landing much more relaxing. The fact that I was still yawning so much probably had something to do with that!

Once off the plane, we all went through customs. Of course the boarder guy that I had didn't speak a word of English and when he saw my visa stamped beautifully into my passport, he gave me a look like he had never seen a visa before in his life. Umm.. what? He asked if I was here to study, so rather than confuse him more, I said "Si, estudia!".

From there it was a quick jaunt to the bathroom to change and brush my teeth.

Baggage claim took forever. I'm pretty sure they carried one bag at a time over from the plane. It was ridiculous. Once they finally started putting a few bags out at a time, the crown thinned and thinned again. The sucky part of getting to the airport early and getting a good seat is that on the other end, your bag was put on the plane first, and will come off last. Once I finally had my two bags in had, I headed through the doors and out into Barcelona.

Barbados met me at the airport and I have to say it wasn't the classic 'The Notebook' style reunion with me running into his arms and him lifting me in the air. I was far too tired to run, and he was far too sick to lift.

He took my bags and we found a taxi.

We went for a walk after getting to his place. Had a beer at his favourite little watering hole and then headed back home for some food. Time and the hour of the day was a mystery to me all day yesterday.

And now it's Monday. And I'm in Barcelona instead of heading to work at Moose. I have to say, I miss the Moose. I don't miss the sometimes weirdo customers that tell me that our pulled pork is too salty, or that they ate bread and thought it was chicken... but I miss the people.

Well, on to start the day. Lets hope my Spanish comes back quickly... haha

Salute!

1 comment:

  1. yes I was happy to hear from you yesterday via Skype. Glad your trip was good.

    ReplyDelete