Wednesday, September 17, 2014

And Then I Cleaned My Apartment...

So today was probably the second most productive since being here, and I can't even say I did that much.

But I did buy a purse. Its pretty awesome. It's a deep jade colour and has tassels and a bit of fringe. Who knew I'd buy a purse with fringe?!

I also heard about some jobs. And looked for apartment listings. I think I'm going to have to walk around the neighbourhood for that though, and call numbers I see on buildings I like. Some places are sketch, or too far from my new gym. Yes, I joined a gym... already. And yes I went. And yes, it is high class.. so high class that I'm pretty sure I can blog from the bikes. But we'll see. I'm not sure how much writing I will do while sweaty.. mmm sweaty blogs.

Anyway, so I had gone out to drink a beer, watch the BarcaFC game and wait for Barbados (for those of you who don't know, I refer to people in this blog as the place from which they came, generally, so as to not give away their identity) to be done work and joined me. And then he decided he was going to stay near the school to watch because he was done late and pretty well hates missing futbol matches. Okay. So maybe I'm weird, but I don't like to drink alone in strange bars with old men who stare at me... maybe I'm not weird, but either way, I came home.

Our other roommate was not home yet so I decided to do the one thing that would make me feel more at home, and make my roommates like me... I cleaned the apartment. I swept all of the common area floors, and then mopped. *sigh* feels a little more like home. Me gusta.

Buenos noches mi amigos.

1 comment:

  1. so you mopped the floor and you have only been there 4 days? You were here for 2 years and I am not sure you ever mopped the floors!
    What is with that????

    ReplyDelete