Thursday, June 14, 2012

Things I Miss About Canada...

First and foremost, I miss my friends and family. I miss playing with my nieces and nephew, and swimming in my parent's pool. I miss making cookies with them and being the best aunt ever and having sleepovers and hugs first thing in the morning! I miss my parents, and their coffee maker (we'll be reacquainting soon enough). I miss my grandparents and stopping by their house just in time for a meal (you have to know just when to get there to get roast beef dinner and potatoes. But really, I could show up anytime and get food!) I miss going for Starbucks with my bestie and ending up walking around Walmart at 2am (and finding fabulous shoes, which I go back for and end up being the best purchase of the summer!) I miss going to Windsor and spending WAY too much money at Suzy Shier and Jacob, simply because I need new work clothes. We only buy what looks good though. I miss going to Jay's games, heckling and making Chris laugh at my comments about each of the players. And eating more chicken wings than I ever thought I could! I miss going for beer with Kyle and pretending to be a bad influence, and trying to learn French (somehow something must have stuck, because I can still READ French, even though je ne parle pas francais). I miss going swimming or running with Donia and seeing random wildlife in downtown Toronto (that happened while running, not swimming). And dying my hair every other month just because... Though, I still sort of do that... And I have a hair-dying friend here! I miss barbecued steak and roasted potatoes. I miss barbecued anything! I miss dill pickle chips (and most other flavours) and toast done in the toaster. I miss Indian food from Little India on Queen, and sushi and Thai Express. I miss eggs Benny from Fran's and poutine and wings from SkalBar. I miss Dixie and her sweet stylish nature, and my apartment in Toronto. I miss Jenn and Heather and Shenela and Sheena and Val... And everyone else from work. I miss someone I'm not supposed to miss and I hope he knows I think of him and hope he's well, even though he's not allowed to talk to me. (I secretly cheer for ManU whenever they're playing, and I hope England does well in the Euros, even though Spain is going to kick their asses!) I miss driving. I miss my cat, and even my sister's cat, but I'm sure that will pass within 5 minutes of seeing it next. I miss watching tv on a screen bigger than 15 inches. I miss talking on the phone. I miss canoeing. I miss my good running shoes (why did I ever leave Canada without them?!) I miss painting. I guess it's okay that I miss these things now, because I'll be in Canada in two weeks time and can indulge in all things HOME. Yes, that's right! June 27th I return to Canada. Hit me up if you wanna hang out, because I'll only be there for three months! My return to Spain is on September 27th, exactly three months after I'm back, so please, please, please, let's hang out this summer!! See you soon, oh Canada!

5 comments:

  1. Can't wait. though the spending way too much money on clothes may be replaced by spending your best friend's money on faucets and pliers and new bathroom appliances as you help her remodel the attic bathroom. :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay you are coming home. Let's float in my parents pool and drink fresh from the market strawberry daiquiris and have dad refill them because he does that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man...there is many a kitchen floor and cake that will be awaiting the re-unification of the terrible incorigable duo of Beth and Donia....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you are coming home. Only 12 more sleeps until you are back in Canada. I am glad that I can now tell people you are coming home. Can't wait for the long weekend when you and your sister, her husband, and my three beautiful grandchildren will be here. Lots of love to you and safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!! Lets buy new fixtures for your bathroom and attic!!

    I love the idea of floating in your pool and having your dad bring us daiquiris!!

    Bring on the cake, and the kitchen floors, and the crowd of people standing around cheering us on! I'm there Donia!!

    Yes, mom, reuniting of the Richards!!

    ReplyDelete