Saturday, December 31, 2011

It Feels Like Home...

Everytime I leave Barcelona and come back, it feels more like home. I think its the familiar to the unfamiliar and back again that makes it feel that way.

I don't have to think about getting to my friend's house- I just get on the metro and autopilot takes over. I don't have to think "I wonder if they'll have this, or that, at the grocery store"- I know they either do or they don't. Street signs and packaging are easier to read, the money is simple to use (unlike forints which are a weird conversion). When I go away, I miss bravas. When I come back, I know where to go to get them (and I know who to take to sample tortilla while I indulge in the spicy deliciousness). I feel at home in my room, even though I wish the walls weren't stark white- it's filled with my things, and I've already re-arranged it!

These are just a few of the small things that make me know that this place is truly special to me. Don't get me wrong, I miss Canada more than I can say, because I miss the people and the food, but for now Spain is where I'll stay. It's a lifestyle decision.

On that note, I'm glad to say: I'm home from Budapest!

Sunrise from the plane...

Good morning Mediterranean Sea!

1 comment:

  1. keep these blogs coming. Glad you are home as well. Can't wait to see pictures. Would like pictures from your Paris, Amsterdam and Prague as well. Miss you

    ReplyDelete